• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello! I'm Jonny Atkinson (2 Viewers)

Hi,

I'm Jonny Atkinson, an artist living and practicing in the North East of England.

I've recently begun work on some original pencil bird drawings in order to educate myself about the beautiful birds that we are so lucky to share our isles with. My plan is to produce a collection of pieces that celebrate our feathered friends that grace our landscapes.

Each original drawing has also been faithfully reproduced as a fine art print, with 10% of each sale donated to the non-profit charity Action for Conservation who aim to empower our next generation of conservationists!

Whilst I only have a couple of pieces complete, I'm hoping to add to the collection within the next year! Time is so precious!

Studying these wonderful creatures and producing these drawings has given me immense satisfaction and strengthened my belief that it is so important that we all remain connected to the natural world. I hope you enjoy viewing my work as much as I do creating it!

Thank you!
Jonny

Blue Tit compressed.jpgIMG_6549.jpgBlackbird compressed.jpgIMG_6546.jpg

PS. I'm open to any suggestions of what birds you'd like to see me draw!

I'm currently working through all the birds that I see visiting my garden and have a fair list to work through;

Blue tit ✔️
Blackbird ✔️
Goldfinch
Dunnock
Great tit
Robin (plus 3 little juveniles!)
Jackdaw
And even a sparrow hawk...! 😮

Hi, welcome to the forum. We have a forum for artists, it is:

Really nice work, Jonny !... and welcome here. ;)
Just out of curiosity, when you walk around, observe nature, which binoculars do you like to use ?.... some favorite ones which pleased your eyes and vision ?

Really nice work, Jonny !... and welcome here. ;)
Just out of curiosity, when you walk around, observe nature, which binoculars do you like to use ?.... some favorite ones which pleased your eyes and vision ?
Hi, binoculars - my Dad's :ROFLMAO: I've no idea what make they are, but I used them when visiting Holy Island last week and they were great! I will find out though...

Hi,

I'm Jonny Atkinson, an artist living and practicing in the North East of England.

I've recently begun work on some original pencil bird drawings in order to educate myself about the beautiful birds that we are so lucky to share our isles with. My plan is to produce a collection of pieces that celebrate our feathered friends that grace our landscapes.

Each original drawing has also been faithfully reproduced as a fine art print, with 10% of each sale donated to the non-profit charity Action for Conservation who aim to empower our next generation of conservationists!

Whilst I only have a couple of pieces complete, I'm hoping to add to the collection within the next year! Time is so precious!

Studying these wonderful creatures and producing these drawings has given me immense satisfaction and strengthened my belief that it is so important that we all remain connected to the natural world. I hope you enjoy viewing my work as much as I do creating it!

Thank you!
Jonny

View attachment 1520213View attachment 1520214View attachment 1520215View attachment 1520216
Jonny - Same name as my uncle and he paints too !! Very nice too- excellent detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back