• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello need assistance (1 Viewer)

Quarinteen

United States
Hello, I found a bird injured. Not sure what to do with him. He can't fly though he tries. Looks like something took a bite out of his head. Maybe missing an eye can't tell. He's strong it seems. I have him in a small cat carrier. I put bird food and some water in it. Not sure what do do with him though. Not sure if he's eating or drinking. Anytime I look inside he flips out so I have it against the wall. Thank you any advise would help.

Hi Quarinteen and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. We have some general guidelines here for the care of injured and baby birds.

Please let us know how you get on.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Welcome aboard from Myrtle Beach!

I hope you have a local humane society that can help this poor bird out and thank you for caring.

Well that was not very helpful. I am sure there are places open that will take it here in Vegas. Just nothing is open on Saturday. Until then what can I do with it? It’s an adult I did throw some seed in there and I got a big syringe filled it with water and stick it through the hole hoping he will figure it out. Not sure though he looks pretty bad.

Attachments

• 8A3EEE94-BA64-43B6-89BE-8E2262FB9493.png
    8A3EEE94-BA64-43B6-89BE-8E2262FB9493.png
    8 MB · Views: 7
  • 08374352-8A26-429F-8C01-45D04C60CAB8.png
    08374352-8A26-429F-8C01-45D04C60CAB8.png
    10.2 MB · Views: 7
  • DBCD0355-9B2F-4847-ACE6-A25BA9320BA2.png
    DBCD0355-9B2F-4847-ACE6-A25BA9320BA2.png
    9.4 MB · Views: 7
Hi, welcome to the forum. Hope you can find some help for the little one.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back