• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help identifying this bird? (1 Viewer)

This photo was taken in August last year in Great comp gardens in Sevenoaks, kent. It had been on my camera for a while and I only had a look at them today. Given its nondescript appearance, greyish/blue legs and what appears to be a slightly bluish bill I think it could be a juvenile garden warbler? but I have to confess when I first saw the image, I thought it was a juvenile thrush, then found myself thinking it could be a juvenile dunnock but had a look in Collins and Bird Life pocket guide and it doesn't appear to be this.

I have a book called "A Field Guide to the Warblers" by Alick Moore and the description in my opinion more closely resembles garden warbler. Image searches online for garden warblers do resemble the bird I took a photo of. But I still have doubts so hoping someone can clear things up please. two photos attached. The second photo entitled "DSCF4828.JPG" is the better of the two.

View attachment DSCF4830.JPG

Believe the 1st image is the better of the two ie being less foreshortened, showing perhaps a flatter crown giving a longer billed appearance than would be expected from a Garden Warbler…which I think it is.

Cheers

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back