• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help with IDs Costa Rica. (1 Viewer)

Mike Beer

I took all the photographs today near to Drakes Bay, Costa Rica can I have help with IDs please
1. No idea and its the only photo I have
2. Possible Green Kingfisher but it was well in the shade and looks darker.
3. Humming birds I struggle with, last three are the same bird.
Mike

Attachments

• P3170037.jpeg
    11.8 MB · Views: 27
  • P3170229.jpeg
    P3170229.jpeg
    779.5 KB · Views: 20
  • P3170119.jpeg
    P3170119.jpeg
    355.7 KB · Views: 20
  • P3170067.jpeg
    P3170067.jpeg
    643.9 KB · Views: 18
  • P3170066.jpeg
    P3170066.jpeg
    497.3 KB · Views: 18
  • P3170061.jpeg
    P3170061.jpeg
    852.1 KB · Views: 19
1) best guess Panama flycatcher: v dull, almost no wingbars
2) f green kingfisher (white wing spots, near double breast bands)
3) Hummers: all look to be the same species. I'm not sure about this one: ought to be something like f white-necked Jacobin but the vent area looks white and it's usually darker green than this (but 2nd individual looks overexposed).

1) best guess Panama flycatcher: v dull, almost no wingbars
2) f green kingfisher (white wing spots, near double breast bands)
3) Hummers: all look to be the same species. I'm not sure about this one: ought to be something like f white-necked Jacobin but the vent area looks white and it's usually darker green than this (but 2nd individual looks overexposed).
Thank you a lot of my pictures this morning were over exposed due to a brain malfunction.

Mike

Maybe female Charming for the Hummer? Thoug hthat usually has more markings on breast/throat even given the over exposure. Certainly not Jacobin, too slender, bills not hefty enough, white vent etc.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back