• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi from Switzerland (1 Viewer)

F4b

Switzerland
Hi everyone, I'm not really into birding but I'm trying to find a good spotting scope for my dad who wants one, I've already done some research and narrowed the choice to a few models but I'm still looking for advice and I have a few questions that I will ask in the appropriate section.

Since I'm on a birding forum, here are two shots I took with my only telephoto lens which is an old manual focus Tamron SP 300mm f/2.8 with a 2x teleconverter and my Sony A9 camera. The Red kite is not common in my region and I didn't see any since I took this photo 2 years ago (what a beautiful bird) and the Eurasian griffon vulture is quite rare in my country, but it looks like some of them settled in this part of the Alps recently, I see them quite often.

DSC07012.jpg

DSC07493 (2).JPG

Cheers.

Last edited:
Hi, welcome to the forum on behalf of the staff and moderators. I think you will find us a helpful and friendly group. Nice photos.

Hi F4b and a warm welcome from me too. You've got a couple of super pictures there - I hope we may see some more of your work in the Gallery too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Hi F4b
welcome
have a look at my blog here on Switzerland 2023.
Great photos.
I have moved to Compact Cameras such as Nikon P900 and Canon Powershot SX70 which are lighter and have great magnification.
Regarding Scopes its always a question of weight and price. Swarovski are great but so expensive. My friend has a nice small and light Kowa that does the job.
I am using my Compact Camera instead as it has such a good magnification.
Did you see the Griffon Vulture up at Jaun Pass?
Have fun
Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back