• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hummingbird / Yucatan (1 Viewer)

Jose605

Congo-Brazzaville
Good morning,

I though this could be Buff-bellied Hummingbird; the belly patch isn't always clearly visible apparently. But I'm not really sure.

Any ideas please?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    524.8 KB · Views: 17
Suggest Canivet's emerald. Buff-bellied has a reddish tail: that would be apparent here (even though the tail is covered up). We can tell the tail is dark (actually bluish).

Suggest Canivet's emerald. Buff-bellied has a reddish tail: that would be apparent here (even though the tail is covered up). We can tell the tail is dark (actually bluish).

Thanks a lot for your reply. I didn't think of Canivet's. I think it's a very good match in terms of looks and distribution. Cheers! Jose

The pic wasn't from Cozumel island. It was taken in the Valladolid area. Sorry I wasn't more specific on my description. Thank you all.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back