• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

I am hearing this same peeping sound all day and night (1 Viewer)

Hello Bird Forum Family, This is my first post. I am so glad to have found you as I am hearing this peeping sound day and night for the first time in my Michigan life of 67 years and have spent so much time looking for wha bird this is and to no avail have not found it yet. It is actually quite annoing and tht is very strange for me as I love the winged ones!

Hi Rael and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. Hope you don't mind me saying this, but have you checked your smoke alarm, it could be that the battery needs changing. If if they're wired into the mains supply, they still have a battery in case of a power cut.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hi there Rael and welcome aboard :)

I'm graced with hearing the Killdeers flying over at night. Here's a link to their night calling;

Thank you Chris. All the best right back to you!

I'm graced with hearing the Killdeers flying over at night. Here's a link to their night calling;

Thank you

Thank you KC for sharing. The Killdeer is similar but much more grace filled. The peeping sound I am hearing is the same short peep, peep peep over and over again and is quite loud.

Thank you

Thank you KC for sharing. The Killdeer is similar but much more grace filled. The peeping sound I am hearing is the same short peep, peep peep over and over again and is quite loud.
I love the wonderful creatures of this planet and am being given a lesson in acceptance and honor of sharing this physical experience with them ALL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back