• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ID from tail picture - SE Europe (1 Viewer)

Vesna Zadravec

Yesterday afternoon a group of long tailed tits flew into our little pond for a bath, follwed by very swift and silent medium sized bird that landed in a shrub, where I managed to take a photo of its tail. After several seconds the bird flew away on a very low trajectory, again very silently and fast. By observation I supposed it was Accipiter nisus but I see now that tail pattern and colours do not match. Is it possible to tell the species over photo attached? Location iz Croatia, near Zagreb.

Attachments

• IMG_6550.JPG
    IMG_6550.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 76
Here is the above photo with enhanced contrast and lighting. I think that gray stripes are more obvious, as well as yellow right leg.

Attachments

• IMG_6550 enh.jpg
    IMG_6550 enh.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_6550 enh mark.jpg
    IMG_6550 enh mark.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 24
Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back