• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ID Help Requested - Potential Lesser Cuckooshrike - Asia, Australia & Pacific Islands area (1 Viewer)

sbarnhardt

Jack of a few trades Master of notta!
Opus Editor
United States
I am asking for ID confirmation help for this upload to the Opus Gallery
Lesser Cuckooshrike

Date of upload 8 September 2006 by member ljs
The way it was described, then it leans toward it being a male, which if it is, is something we need in/for the species Opus article.
That is beyond my ability to ID so I'm asking those with more knowledge to weigh in if you would. I've reached out to ljs, but the member hasn't been seen here on BF since way back then, so??

Here is an as-uploaded version of the image and one I tried to lighten without much success, but I offer it in either case.

26493Lesser_cuckooshrike for ID Confirmation.jpg 26493Lesser_cuckooshrike for ID Confirmation lightened.jpg

I'd like to thank all who helped with this. Another image has been offered and will be added to Opus as soon as my time allows.

Barney

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back