• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ID please, blackbird size, greenish neck - Zagreb, Croatia (1 Viewer)

panoramix

Croatia
I have been watching birds for many years using Collins guide but this time i can't find a help.
Bird was yesterday on the very top of cedar and attract me at first with specific song which i have never heard before, three times strong scream/whistle.
Back and wings faethers are greyish brown, front neck and undertail light greenish/yellow, dark pointed beak, blackbird size and shape.
It lasted short time so i can't use a camera only less than a minute by binoculars. Bird fly away on some nearest tree that i cant see her but stil can hear specific three times song.
Thank in advance for help or advice.

Hi, first off welcome to the forum on behalf of the staff and moderators. I can’t help with an ID, if the bird comes back hopefully you can get a photo. And I hope someone from your side of the pond will be along to help. I’m also going to add Zagreb to the title which might get more help.

Welcome to Birdforum. I hope you enjoy your visits.

I’m sorry I can’t help.

Thanks to all for hearty welcome and help to identify the bird. According to some web sources it is juvenile golden oriole. Fun fact : in croatian, oriole name is "vuga" and this is also croatian surname.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back