• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Junco? Northern Virginia, USA (1 Viewer)

gsimonel

United States
In an open field near a lake in northern Virginia today I spotted flocks of starlings, red-winged blackbirds and grackles all hanging out together. Near the top of the tree I also saw a silhouette of something clearly different from the assembled masses, so I took a shot of it. I've uploaded both the (cropped) original and a heavily-processed version. Even after messing with the levels and bumping up the saturation, I can't make out much except for a white-edged tail. There were some dark-eyed juncos in the area, but this bird was solitary, and it was about 40 feet up in the tree. Is it a junco? Or maybe a mockingbird?

Attachments

• Unknown_LFx_3-3-24_1804.jpg
    Unknown_LFx_3-3-24_1804.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 33
  • Unknown_Processed_LFx_3-3-24_1804.jpg
    Unknown_Processed_LFx_3-3-24_1804.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 33

Users who are viewing this thread

Back