• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Langs Short Tailed Blue Pembrokeshire August (2 Viewers)

jogresh

Bimble and patch
Just a heads up, was lucky to get a pic of one on private land, near the top of a Pembrokeshire hill late August, couple of days after a Bonellis Skokholm and a Melodious Bardsey. No sign the following day. 2nd for UK I believe, would've preferred a bird but hey musnt grumble. πŸ™‚πŸ¦‹πŸ¦

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231006_153055_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231006_153055_Gallery.jpg
    362.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 20231006_153146.jpg
    20231006_153146.jpg
    297.9 KB · Views: 36
Wow, fantastic record. This would be I think the 3rd UK record following one in Berks last year that I was lucky enough to go and see. Obviously there were suspicions on origin on that one at least but also some indicators that could support natural origin. See my attached magazine article on a pdf.

Attachments

• Lost & Found Lang's ST blue January 2023.pdf
    397.8 KB · Views: 10
Excellent butterfly record, though an expanding species in some quarters, and cosmopolitan in requirements , it will not surprise me if this eventually colonises the UK ... perhaps natural spread, perhaps accidental introduction

Last edited:
Wow, fantastic record. This would be I think the 3rd UK record following one in Berks last year that I was lucky enough to go and see. Obviously there were suspicions on origin on that one at least but also some indicators that could support natural origin. See my attached magazine article on a pdf.
Ah right interesting cheers.

Think we met at Bridges of Ross when me and mate Marc picked up a Feas one evening. πŸ˜€πŸ‘πŸ¦βœ…οΈβœ…οΈ

Ah right interesting cheers.

Think we met at Bridges of Ross when me and mate Marc picked up a Feas one evening. πŸ˜€πŸ‘πŸ¦βœ…οΈβœ…οΈ
A memorable day! Haven't seen one since! I hope I congratulated and thanked you as well as Marc. I remember we'd packed up our 'scopes and were about to leave at the time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back