• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Laptop advice please (1 Viewer)

Prestdj

its good to be back
Ukraine
I’m looking for a laptop just for photo editing

I shoot raw with a canon 7d mkii so fairly large image size

live in uk

what are my options? Not owned a laptop for years so advice is greatly appreciated

thanks

Laptops are not ideal for photo editing as the screen size and positioning is less than optimum for fine tuning adjustments. If you need a laptop for portability and travel considerations then it might be worth getting an additional larger monitor to use when editing at home. If you don't need the portability then a desktop offers more bang for your buck.

Photo editing is not particularly processer intensive so you don't need a massively powerful computer, unless you are going to do video work when faster processing power is essential.

Budget is of course always a consideration.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back