• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lesvos Birders - New Web Site Now Live ! (1 Viewer)

Mick Sway

United Kingdom
The brand new Lesvos Birders Web Site is now live ! .
Seeking information on where to go on the island , what birds , butterflies or reptiles you might see ?
This is your one stop website for the best birding info, species lists and trip reports.
There are no commercial interests involved here, just valuable information designed
to help promote Lesvos as a premier Greek wildlife and birding holiday island.

To visit the website, just click : here

Attachments

• LB.JPG
    LB.JPG
    155.6 KB · Views: 5
Thanks Mick. A nice website - I've added a link on The Opus article.

One thing sadly missing from that page is a landscape/habitat picture. We don't have any in that category in the Gallery. Can you help with that at all (has to have been taken by a member of Birdforum)?

I'm sure that I can provide any number of site images Delia . Depends what we're looking for.
Thanks for the share.

Thanks Mick.

Any views of the site really.

Unless they''re really special to the site, we prefer not to use birds (as they're featured in the Bird section), but any other wildlife/flowers would do.

Lesvos Birding Site Images
Delia - can you download them from here ?

Attachments

• Meladia Chapel Lesvos Greece warbler and flycatcher migrant hot spot in Spring 250419.jpg
    Meladia Chapel Lesvos Greece warbler and flycatcher migrant hot spot in Spring 250419.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
  • Achladeri Forest  resident Krupper's Nuthatch Lesvos Greece 280417.jpg
    Achladeri Forest resident Krupper's Nuthatch Lesvos Greece 280417.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 17
  • Alykes Wetland Skala Kalloni Spring wader hot spot Lesvos Greece  280417.jpg
    Alykes Wetland Skala Kalloni Spring wader hot spot Lesvos Greece 280417.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
  • Faneromeni Lesvos Greece spring passerine migration hot spot   030517.jpg
    Faneromeni Lesvos Greece spring passerine migration hot spot 030517.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
  • Ipsilou Monastery Lesvos Greece Spring resident cinereous buntings and rock sparrows, passerin...jpg
    Ipsilou Monastery Lesvos Greece Spring resident cinereous buntings and rock sparrows, passerin...jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
  • Potamia Upper valley reptiles  Turkish clubtail beautiful damselfly Lesvos Greece  070517.jpg
    Potamia Upper valley reptiles Turkish clubtail beautiful damselfly Lesvos Greece 070517.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 15
  • Sigri sanetorium migrant bird hot spot Lesvos Greece  140519.jpg
    Sigri sanetorium migrant bird hot spot Lesvos Greece 140519.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
  • Tsiknias River Lesvos Greece wading birds, terns, warblers, pratincole, storks, herons 100515.jpg
    Tsiknias River Lesvos Greece wading birds, terns, warblers, pratincole, storks, herons 100515.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Kalloni Salt Pans Lesvos Greece - wading birds, dalmatian pelicans, flamingo, larks, pipits 27...jpg
    Kalloni Salt Pans Lesvos Greece - wading birds, dalmatian pelicans, flamingo, larks, pipits 27...jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
  • Metochi Lake area Lesvos Greece spring  birding guide.jpg
    Metochi Lake area Lesvos Greece spring birding guide.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 16
  • Faneromeni area Sigri Lesvos  Greece Spring Birding Guide.jpg
    Faneromeni area Sigri Lesvos Greece Spring Birding Guide.jpg
    352.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
WOW!! Yes, of course.

Not sure if they'll all get used, but we'll do our best;). A lovely selection.

Thanks so much for supplying them Mick - you will, of course, be credited with your name attached.

I'm pleased to take this opportunity to let you know that today, 31 August 2021, your most excellent images began going into the Lesvos article in Opus. They won't "all" go into it today but will as soon as possible. Check the "Lesvos" link above for their current status.

Know your generosity, and sharing of your work is greatly appreciated.

Thank You!

Barney

Thanks Mick.

Any views of the site really.

Unless they''re really special to the site, we prefer not to use birds (as they're featured in the Bird section), but any other wildlife/flowers would do.
Delia
WOW!! Yes, of course.

Not sure if they'll all get used, but we'll do our best;). A lovely selection.

Thanks so much for supplying them Mick - you will, of course, be credited with your name attached.
Delia There are few things that I'd like to see changed on the Opus Lesvos Page, would it be possible to get permission to Edit it please ?

Delia

Delia There are few things that I'd like to see changed on the Opus Lesvos Page, would it be possible to get permission to Edit it please ?
What do you have mind Mick? I'll see what I can do!

Last edited:
Delia

Hi Mick

Of course you can edit it - or are you meaning that you do not have any access to the editing tab, or buttons. Let me know and I'll alert Ollie.

Hi Delia
Unfortunately the computer said "no" , I don't have the correct permissions.
Let me know, thanks.
Hi Mick

I've heard from Ollie, he should have now sorted your account so you can edit Opus articles.

Please let me know if it's not working lad.

Cheers Mick. There's always someone around to help if you need it.

I'm pleased to take this opportunity to let you know that today, 31 August 2021, your most excellent images began going into the Lesvos article in Opus. They won't "all" go into it today but will as soon as possible. Check the "Lesvos" link above for their current status.

Know your generosity, and sharing of your work is greatly appreciated.

Thank You!

Barney
Mick,
This is to let you know that today, 2 September 2021, all of your wonderful Lesvos images are now gracing the pages of the article.

Again, I congratulate you on a job well done and the generous sharing of them with us.

You are appreciated very much!

Barney

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back