• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Make your own bird AI - no coding required! (1 Viewer)

LittleBitOfBreadNoCheese

Scotland
Even if you have no programming knowledge you can experiment with building a bird image (or sound) AI at the Google Teachable Machine, just define some classes, gather up some jpgs and submit them then click the button to train the model. After that you can download it or publish it like this one which I quickly trained to recognise Old World thrushes, finches and warblers using just 4 examples of each. It may not be any good but this is what I got with further examples from outside the training set:

Mistle Thrush - 100% thrush
Blackcap - 89% warbler
Citril Finch - 98% finch
Goldfinch - 86% warbler 11% finch. Oh well, 3 out of 4 ain't bad!

Try my model out and see how you get on or, write your own!

Last edited:
I added a Bunting class and more training images for the existing classes. You can save and modify these models but it has to be on Google drive so I rebuilt it from scratch.

It says you can make one with sounds, but yet, it seems to accept no form of sound upload...apparently it only accepts microphone recordings through a specific feature. Shame, I've been begging for something that lets me train recognition for insect sound ID for a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back