• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Multiple birds in Camargue wetlands, France (1 Viewer)

ParisNorway

Poland
I'm a beginner, and started my lifelist just 1,5 years ago. I have some tentative identifications of birds in Camargue wetlands, France. Specific location: Pont de Gau Ornithological Park.
Date: early October (this year).

I will be very grateful for confirmation of my ID, or - where I am wrong - pointing out the feature of the bird in the photo that allows to correctly identify it.

#1: Ruff?
cam_IMG_0973.JPG

#2: Common sandpiper?
cam_IMG_0986.JPG

#3: Some of the white-black ones are probably Pied avocets? Anything else recognizable here other than flamingos?
cam_IMG_0948.JPG

#4: Some Pied avocets here as well?
cam_IMG_0990.JPG

#5: Eurasian teals (Anas crecca)? Or simply mallards?
cam_IMG_0984.JPG

#6: Spotted redshank?

Because of the downward pointing beak tip
cam_IMG_0939.JPG

#7: Common sandpiper? Or common redshank?
cam_IMG_0940.JPG

#8: Common ringed plovers?
cam_IMG_0942.JPG

#9: Common redshank? Marsh sandpiper? Common sandpiper (beak too long, isn't it?)?
cam_IMG_0945.JPG

#10: Eurasian reed warbler?
cam_IMG_0959.JPG

#11: Eurasian reed warbler?
cam_IMG_0858.JPG

#12: I can't identify anything in this mass :) But maybe somebody can?
cam_IMG_0915.JPG

Thank you in advance :)

Attachments

• cam_IMG_0945.JPG
    cam_IMG_0945.JPG
    162.6 KB · Views: 32
Viewing on phone so probably not seeing everything...

Mostly right.

In 3 most others are ruff, perhaps some redshank

8 look better for little ringed (eg dull legs)

10 zitting cisticola/fan-tailed warbler

12 mostly if not all teal

10 zitting cisticola/fan-tailed warbler
Thank you for your help. Any particular feature I should focus on (not that is much to focus on, with small size of image and all), to notice the difference from Eurasian reed warbler? Almost equal numbers of zitting cisticolas and Eurasian reed warblers have been spotted in Camargue according to eBird.

Thank you for your help. Any particular feature I should focus on (not that is much to focus on, with small size of image and all), to notice the difference from Eurasian reed warbler? Almost equal numbers of zitting cisticolas and Eurasian reed warblers have been spotted in Camargue according to eBird.
Compare bills for start. Also see that zitting plumage is "bitty" (less uniform) cf reed warbler. If you were able to see more of each than here there'd be lots of other differences...

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back