• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My patch is your patch, is our patch, is here (1 Viewer)

Hillevandam

New in Sierra Leone, just on a trip?
Feel welcome to join me here for birding, entomology or botany or just whatever else moves around in wi yon Salone.
I 've been around for about 20 years here and have still loads of mystery pictures but also the key to solving some of your mysteries maybe. I am compiling Sierra Leone checklists on just about all living things.
(e.g) Don't believe the fable that there are lions here. The locals call the leopard lion. The nearest pride is is no closer than Mali. You will not find it in my mammal checklist, but you will find 191 others.
The checklist of the flora counts more than 2900 species and is some time ago completed with the flora of Western Africa.
683 birds find their home in Sierra Leone and I saw at least 415 of them.
766 butterflies on my checklist, including 10 that only got their names after the only identification guide Butterflies of western Africa(BOWA) was published in 2005.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back