• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Neighbors putting metallic tape around their perimeter - will this scare birds from my yard? (1 Viewer)

Lissa34

United States
The neighbors don't want any wildlife, especially sandhill crane and other birds on their property. They have done more aggressive things to keep them off. But the wife who is I think trying to be a bit more empathetic has tied metalic ribbons around the perimeter to all the trees. The ribbons are at least a meter.

Will this sandhill cranes and other birds and other wild animals from my property also? I love them so much. I want the birds to feel safe in my yard. It is getting very hot and now we have fireworks. I put water out and try to help and feel awful if these ribbons will disturb and scare all of them.

Apologies, if this is the wrong thread. This is my first post.

Welcome to Birdforum.

Having googled, it seems that metallic ribbon is used by people to deter birds.

Hi there Lissa and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum (y)
We're glad you found us and please join in wherever you like. ;)

Not that I want to hear of anything happening but if a poor bird gets stuck to the tape you can report the problem to you local humane society.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back