• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

new maven 25mm binoculars line? -- B.7 8x25 and 10x25 (1 Viewer)

iseegeorgesstar

United States
Hey,

I was perusing the Maven site and noticed they have a new line of binoculars? It says "new" on their website and google search for reviews are recently posted.

Looks like a "pocket" binocular in the 25mm range. At $600 I would imagine these come out swinging hard.

I wonder how they compare to the classic Victory Pockets and Swaro CL Pocket ?

Specs of the maven b.7 :
-Size: 4.8 in. (folds to 2.94W x 4.76H x 1.99D in.)
-Weight: 12.4 oz. (351.5g)
-Light Transmission: 93% - 8x and 92% - 10x
-FoV: 6.8degrees - 8x and 6degrees - 10x
-Near Focus - 9.8ft (3m?)
-Eye Relief: 15mm

Edit:
Out of curiousity, the Zeiss 8x25 Victory Pocket specs are:
-FoV: 7.4degrees
-Minimum Focus: 6.2feet (1.9m)
-Eye Relief: 16.5mm
-Weight: 10.9oz (309g)
-Transmission: 93% (via House of Outdoor)

Last edited:
Hey,

I was perusing the Maven site and noticed they have a new line of binoculars? It says "new" on their website and google search for reviews are recently posted.

Looks like a "pocket" binocular in the 25mm range. At $600 I would imagine these come out swinging hard.

I wonder how they compare to the classic Victory Pockets and Swaro CL Pocket ?

Specs of the maven b.7 :
-Size: 4.8 in. (folds to 2.94W x 4.76H x 1.99D in.)
-Weight: 12.4 oz. (351.5g)
-Light Transmission: 93% - 8x and 92% - 10x
-FoV: 6.8degrees - 8x and 6degrees - 10x
-Near Focus - 9.8ft (3m?)
-Eye Relief: 15mm

Edit:
Out of curiousity, the Zeiss 8x25 Victory Pocket specs are:
-FoV: 7.4degrees
-Minimum Focus: 6.2feet (1.9m)
-Eye Relief: 16.5mm
-Weight: 10.9oz (309g)
-Transmission: 93% (via House of Outdoor)
Puny FOV and poor close focus compared to the Zeiss Victory 8x25. The biggest thing that elevates the Zeiss Victory above the other pocket binoculars is the almost 8x32 size FOV of 7.4 degrees. A lot of people don't like the double hinge either. It is more fiddly to use in the field. Another $100 bucks and you can get the Zeiss.

Yes, I was surprised at the minimum focus distance on the maven and thought perhaps I had read the wrong stat off the chart.

It seems another potentially big difference between the two is the design of the frame in that the maven's are the more traditional double hinge while the zeiss have the aysmmetrical design.

I tried out the maven 7x28 a while back and was pretty impressed with them at initial use. So I'm curious what these could do with the more premium glass. They're more than double the price of the 28mm yet smaller in objective so one would hope there's some optical magic going on.

Also I see in the "similar threads" feature below my comment that apparently we already have a thread for this release. I looked through the maven subforum and didn't see it in the recent posts so thought we didn't have one. I apologize for the redundancy in that case.

Something else to maybe note is that in the product description of the new B.7 it says they're designed to be smaller versions of the B.3. So it might be the same glass.

b.3 8x30 - $550
b.7 8x25 - $600

Users who are viewing this thread

Back