• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Noisy birds in Kandy, Sri Lanka (1 Viewer)

Allan2700

Netherlands
Hello,

On a trip to Kandy in (February 2019) Sri Lanka there was a noisy large flock of birds (probably several 100) on the top of some supermarkets/ buildings in the city centre. Unfortunately at the time I did not know so much about birds. I was interested if anyone had a suggestion for what the species of birds were most likely. I know this description is a bit vague and I do reckon many people have seen them and they are so frequently seen most people donโ€™t take much notice of these. The noise coming from these birds became particularly noisy around the time of sunset/dusk as they returned to what seemed were their roost (above the city centre buildings). I reckon they were a certain type of Corvid.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
Okay, thank you very much all. I suspect very much, that these where the Indian House Crows. Again thanks so much. Likely combined with the Large-billed Crow.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back