• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Norway Golden Eagle Photography Trip 2009 (1 Viewer)

Wonderful stories and photos, Love the last 2 photos on post 7 of the WT Eagle & Goldie, and the Goldie photos on your last day especially.

I know www.finnature.fi do a similar thing from their photography hides at Utajarvi, 70kms from Oulu between Jan - March. This year they have had upto 10 Goldies, 2 WT Eagles most days, and also occasional Goshawk & Gyr Falcon too.

By comparison, their 5 day trips this year cost £1284 (1320 euros), that includes 3-4 visits to the hide (8-12 hour stints in a heated hide), also opportunity once to photo local owls like Great Grey owl, all transport, and 4 nights accommodation full board. So seems good value but cannot say whether the value for money overall or quality of photographical opportunity is as good?? Finnature's excellent website tells you more.

Flights cost about £200-£300 return additionally.

Fantastic reading and viewing jt.Have money in the bank,in case my beloved Man City make the UEFA Cup Final in Istanbul but if not,I shall be very tempted to spend it on such a trip.I agree with most on the enclosed Mammals not being Ideal but the birds were fantastic.

Thanks for sharing this report and photos with us.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back