• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nothing to C here (Portugal 11/2021) (1 Viewer)

Hmm So no Barbary partridge in the canaries are native. I thought they were on some islands. BoW says Tenerife is an older presence
An earlier introduction I think. Pretty much every source I’ve found suggests that there are no naturally occurring BP on the Canaries, certainly that’s what the local and National committees think
James

Thanks for the kind mention of the article. I found it here:-

I have about 17 Category C holes on my WP list with several as close as the Netherlands. Probably going to address those next year but as I reckon I sit at 799 on an IOC basis, it might be nice to avoid my 800th being one of those exotics.

All the best

Paul

I have recently stumbled upon this thread when reviewing my C cat birds on the occasion of getting close to 600 WP (and it let me to removing African CD from the list and getting even further away from the milestone), so I can't help but ask: what was the 800th species? :)

I have recently stumbled upon this thread when reviewing my C cat birds on the occasion of getting close to 600 WP (and it let me to removing African CD from the list and getting even further away from the milestone), so I can't help but ask: what was the 800th species? :)

A few questionable ones in there & maybe some future revisions to come so a personal list. Paddyfield Warbler was not accepted so 799 fell to 798. Red-masked Parakeet became 799 but Red-whiskered Bulbul failed to become 800 as it was heard only so currently, 800 was Dupont's Lark..... 😀

All the best

Paul

You have over 800 species while not counting heard only birds? That's even insaner :) (I obviously count heard-only birds and am even a part of a not very loud lobby encouraging that to become a common practice.)

A few questionable ones in there & maybe some future revisions to come so a personal list. Paddyfield Warbler was not accepted so 799 fell to 798. Red-masked Parakeet became 799 but Red-whiskered Bulbul failed to become 800 as it was heard only so currently, 800 was Dupont's Lark..... 😀

All the best

Paul
Presume you mean Paddyfield Pipit....

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back