• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Observado datas to Ebird? (2 Viewers)

Hello,
I am an Observado user for years, and I am having a look at ebird. I would like to know if someone gets a tip to transfer all my observado datas into ebird? I cannot consider to start again from zero if I make the step to get into ebird…
Thanks a lot in advance ;-)
Christophe

One way to do this would be to download the free Scythebill program. From the FAQ:
You can import from eBird, from BirdTrack, from Avisys (popular Windows software), from BirdBase, from Birder's Diary, from Bird Brain, from HBW Alive, from observado.org, from BirdLasser, from Wildlife Recorder, iNaturalist, from the various Ornitho websites,
and
In a heartbeat, you can export all of your data in eBird or Scythebill CSV formats.

Disclaimer: I have never used observado or tried importing from there, but the person behind Scythebill is really helpful and he is also a member here in Birdforum.

Niels

Yeah, I'm happy to have Scythebill used purely as a conduit for data - import to Scythebill from Observado, export to eBird, and never touch Scythebill again.

Let me know if you run into any problems - I'm not an Observado user myself either, but I should be able to help fix anything that goes wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back