• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Parakeets in Newcastle (1 Viewer)

Been hearing them regular and today 5 flew past my garden!

Anyone else seen them?

Where & what species? Ring-neckeds have been seen a few places this year: Hetton, Jarrow, Cleadon, S.Shields... Monk Parakeets have also been seen near Houghton, & Senegal Parrots were near Jarrow a year or so back.

Mark

Ring necks by the looks of them, I can hear them now outside but can't see them.

Walker park in walker, NE6 3

Ring necks by the looks of them, I can hear them now outside but can't see them.

Walker park in walker, NE6 3

Not too far from the ones around Jarrow/South Shields (as the parakeet flies). Maybe they have a big feeding area and cross the river. Or maybe they're now getting established on the north side too.

Mark

I had two fly over my garden up in Morpeth a couple of months back. I think they flew past in the afternoon - I work from home and thought I heard them while I was on the phone with a customer, and thought I must be losing my mind! But I was out in garden that same evening and they flew over and landed in a neighbours tree, squawked for 2-3 minutes then flew off (north).

Seeing them twice a day minimum, there outside now but only flying around, the same group of 5.

There like clockwork, 9:18pm tonight and 9:25pm last night so I guess there roosting in the park.

Still there :t:

Attachments

• Picture 122a.jpg
    Picture 122a.jpg
    918.9 KB · Views: 109
Thanks Lee.s. I often walk Temple park but have never heard nor seen any. Had a record count of magpies last night, 43 in two adjacent trees.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back