• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Patagonia:Earth's Secret Paradise-Fire and Ice 1/3 21.00-22.00pm BBC2 25/9/2015 (1 Viewer)

Peewit

Once a bird lover ... always a bird lover
New Wildlife series on tonight

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06dpmyr

Part 1/3 Fire and Ice 21.00-22.00pm 25/9/2015
Part 2/3 Heat and Dust 21.30-22.30pm 2/10/2015
Part 3/3

Good write up on Page 112 Radio Times 25/9/2015 Part 1
Good Write up on Page 118 Radio times 2/10/2015 Part 2

Looking good from what I can see

I enjoyed this, particularly the bit about the gauchos. The sequence showing the guy taming the horse was brilliant.

I've got it recorded, so am now really looking forward to watching it.

Cheers both.

The horse taming was fabuluous, and all the breaking in process in done in a very short time - with kindness for the animal

I loved it, and the subjects covered made it into an all round watch. Yes, it is nice to have the human element in some wildlife programmes.
The bit about the hummingbird - just the best photography ever. :-O

I see that the this same programme is repeated today at 17.30-18.30pm on BBC2 - I will watch it again

Another Fabulous show tonight, and a relief from the repeated programmes that we see over and over again on TV :gh:

Hairy Armadillo's, Camels, Burrowing Owls, Maras, Guanaco's, a BoP not sure what it was, Flamingoes etc.. not to forget the Puna's

The desert-dwelling Penguins looked out of place, but they still where close enough to the sea to feed and raise a family (their call reminded me of the donkey laugh of one 'more better known' Penguin species). they where so voilent to one over territory - they drew blood LOL

A fabulous all round programme, and there awas a lot information to learn and find out about animals in differnet countries -none of what i have seen before at all in any wildlife programme

The final 2 minutes of the programme showed a shot of a Back Redstart or Stonechat - a very dark reddish coloured bird - anyone know what it was?

Last edited:
I must admit it makes a change from the African "Big Five" but, if the narrator is going to pronounce words in a Spanish accent then keep it up. Don't swap between "Patagoonya" and "Patagonia" and "Pooma", only to have the local cameraman call it "Pyuma" also ........... steppes? Since when have there been bloody STEPPES in South America? Apart from that, it's been brilliant.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back