• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pelagic this autumn (1 Viewer)

James Thomas

Can't seem to find the details but wasn't there a pelagic from South Shields last year? If so, was it successful and will there be one this year?

Can't seem to find the details but wasn't there a pelagic from South Shields last year? If so, was it successful and will there be one this year?

Ross Ahmed organised the one from South Shields last year. It was very successful with close views of Manx and Sooty Shearwaters, Arctic and Great Skuas, Little Gulls etc. Not sure if he's planning on organising any this autumn.
I'm sure Martin Kitching will have a full programme of pelagics as normal (organised through NTBC). He normally advertises these well in advance and details would be on NTBC website.

I've spoken to Ross about organising trips leaving from South Shields this year. Hopefully, details will be finalised shortly so will be posted on here as soon as they are. Dates are already organised for the trips departing from Royal Quays, and posting those dates is somewhere on my 'to do' list for this week...

cheers
martin

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back