• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pen and Ink (3 Viewers)

aaronc

I do much more lurking here than posting...I've yet to land me a high end camera as I have too many interests already apparently :)...I do a pen and ink on occasion and this one was at the wife's request. Birds are a big deal around the house as we have feeders and are always on the lookout for raptors or something different....anyway, here is some of our yard birds in ink. Name plates are patterned after early American tavern signs.

Happy Holidays -Aaron

20231213_121609resize30.jpg

Oh my!!! Love that Aaron!!

You sure had some attractive tavern signs too - a nice touch that.

I'm very new to taking the subject of Bird Art seriously at all, having prioritised landscape work most of my career, and lacking the opportunity to try. However, since the pandemic and these days feeling vulnerable I refuse to use public transport and don't drive, so I'm forced to look at different perspectives.

I was just now searching for what I thought was the very first detailed close up bird painting I attempted, but I was wrong...look what I found! beautiful owl was 'adopted' as a studio muse by artist John Lyons (and indeed, there it appears in a number of his paintings https://jcmlyons.co.uk/gallery-paintings/), and I was lucky enough to have the chance to work in his Hebden Bridge studio for six weeks - hence my painting - too good to miss, and I loved doing it - I should do more! I've even rediscovered the very owl that inspired "Presence 11" my subject...there he is on the windowsill, where I was also inspired to paint a picture which depicted him in my imagination flying in to join us where we were working! My apologies for the horrible spludge of a watermark...I will endeavour to take some better pics!

Attachments

• IMG_1890.jpeg
    IMG_1890.jpeg
    551.9 KB · Views: 11
  • eZy Watermark_18-07-2020_11-05-16am.jpeg
    eZy Watermark_18-07-2020_11-05-16am.jpeg
    381.9 KB · Views: 11
  • eZy Watermark_24-07-2020_08-19-07am.jpeg
    eZy Watermark_24-07-2020_08-19-07am.jpeg
    358.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread