• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Peregrines in Woking (1 Viewer)

alan_rymer

United Kingdom
After seeing the Peregrines in Bracknell on the 3M tower in Bracknell last night. I had wondered if there were Peregrines around, it looks ideal for them. I was sitting on the 14th floor of Export House staring out of the window at about 15:30 ( Its the biggest block in the centre of Woking ). I saw a dark Peregrine flying past the window about 50 yards away and gaining height carrying what looked like a feral Pigeon. Possibly to feed on the top of the tower. I'm assuming that the bird was a young male as the pigeon looked quite large against the size of the falcon.
Are there known birds here, as there are in Bracknell, Newbury and Reading?

Alan

There have been Peregrines on/around this tower block for a few years now. Although to my knowledge no breeding has taken place.

Regards

Dave

Alan,
I saw the same Peregrine - I was on the 9th floor :eek!:

I've seen them several times now, and had a blizzard of feathers falling past the window on one occasion.

I'm in the Finance dept on the 9th if you want to say hello.

Allan

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back