• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Planet Earth III (1 Viewer)

Another curious one was a Weasel and a mouse filmed separately moving through the same artificial "set" with flora, a drystone wall and so on. The footage didn't seem to work and eventually they realised their hoped for montage of a mouse being hunted by a Weasel was ruined by the desperate energy of the Weasel and the total nonchalance and confidence of the mouse - it looked like the latter was hunting the former! I forget how they got round that one.

Because it was real! The danger response of mice is to freeze, or jump several times and freeze. Long running chases are found in 'Tom and Jerry'.

Because it was real! The danger response of mice is to freeze, or jump several times and freeze. Long running chases are found in 'Tom and Jerry'.
Absolutely. I've even seen a threatened Wood Mouse jump straight into a sapling trunk at full tilt and almost stun itself. Luckily the Brown Rat - which subsequently did nail a different mouse - didn't take advantage. But a Weasel will track a potential victim across terrain by scent, I've seen one try to catch a Common Dormouse by doing so (it failed, the Dormouse had gone back aloft). The Weasel does that quite quickly.

John

The ZDF will show this series from 7 January 2024 in Germany. Unfortunately the episodes will be shorter than in the original series. (60 min vs 43 min) The complete series will be release on Blu-Ray/DVD on 23 February 2004 in Germany.

Just saw the Heroes episode and I am very impressed. It reminded a bit on the film Racing Extinction but the engagement of the featured people was presented in a very emotional way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back