• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Please identify this loon behavior (1 Viewer)

zazybear

Captured this video last year: 2022 06 28 while paddling on the Rideau River, Ottawa, Ontario.
Without thinking much, seemed to me that the loon was really upset and swearing(?) at the speedboat and water skiing?
Just my imagination! Would very much appreciate if someone can identify this kind of behavior.
Video link:
https://vimeo.com/844010211

Loon scream (Copy).jpg

Hi Zazy I think your post will be better in the Bird Behaviour forum. However, I've tried to watch your video but am unable to do so without creating an account, which I don't want to do.

I've seen this happening with Divers over here and it's always in the breeding season and I believe it's part of their display.

As this wasn't uploaded for the purpose of a "fun quiz" I'll move to Bird Behaviour where I think you'll get the information you need.

SORRY: I wrote this hours ago, then must have forgotten to submit it!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back