• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pluvialis from Cape Verde (1 Viewer)

MaxesTaxes

Netherlands
Hi everyone,
I'm having a hard time identifying these plovers seen on Sal in Cape Verde. I think they're in the Pluvialis genus, but I have no idea which species it may be. It's probably either P. squatarola or P. dominica, but P. apricaria and P. fulva are possible (though less likely than the first two as they are rarer occurrences in Cape Verde). What I find tricky is that they seem to be in a 'transitional' stage between winter and summer plumage (the photos are from Saturday, so the 5th of March), and I'm finding very little images online with a similar plumage.
They were in a small group of 4 individuals.
What do you guys think?
Thanks in advance,
Max

Attachments

• P1040246c.JPG
    P1040246c.JPG
    591.4 KB · Views: 16
  • P1040255c.JPG
    P1040255c.JPG
    1,008.2 KB · Views: 16
  • P1040262c.JPG
    P1040262c.JPG
    595.2 KB · Views: 16
Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back