• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Podlights (1 Viewer)

Can they tell you what wavelength the UV is emitted at? Specifically does it emit at 365nm wavelength which is the best for attracting moths. The wattage is quite low but that could be boosted by using several so is not necessarily an issue but the wavelength is the crucial one
Had a reply, as follows.
There are 3 pairs of leds. Each pair is centred on the wavelengths of 395, 440, 525 nm for UV, blue, and green respectively.
Thoughts?

Had a reply, as follows.
There are 3 pairs of leds. Each pair is centred on the wavelengths of 395, 440, 525 nm for UV, blue, and green respectively.
Thoughts?
Thanks for this info Stuart.nice to now have these wavelengths aa a comparison with other led moth lights out there.regards
Bri.

Thanks Stuart,it could probably be fitted to a Skinner type trap though in my experience Skinners don't retain Moths so good.you need some form of cover in inclement weather although it was still on after 2hrs of continuous heavy rain once ! I used a Gemlight at one end of quarry and Podlight nr other end for july/Aug I was targeting 5 specific species Ie Drinker, Confused,Grey Mountain Carpet, Tissue,and a real outsider Northern Rustic I managed 3 of the 5 (interesting though,when a team of us humped a Robinson MV /Generator up there a good few times we never got Tissue and only started getting those to LED,ps didn't get any Northern Rustic or G Mountain Carpet the other 2 target species. I'd say the podlight beats the Gemlight mk 1 on numbers/species, and the only Tissue came to the Podlight.i couldn't tell you the wave lenghts of the LEDs though other than what's been stated on your post.regards Bri. Ps other notable sp were Anomalous ,Neglected and Heath Rustics.

Attachments

• Tissue 08 23 Langfield .jpg
    Tissue 08 23 Langfield .jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 15

Users who are viewing this thread

Back