• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Quick question…. Useful camera settings for Sony zoom ? (1 Viewer)

Hola Wes! A warm welcome to Birdforum from all the staff and moderators (y)

I have moved your post to right section on Birdforum, where you should get your answers for the Sony camera settings.

Thanks for any tips. Shooting continuous, lots of exposures (10/1), most are discarded. Need to review/compare/choose between two at a time. Thumbnails too small for selection? What preview apps do you use?

I use ACDSEE which is not free. It has a function where you can compare images (2-4 at a time): I select a number of images, start the function, and scroll through while either tagging those I want to throw out or those that are the best. Afterwards in manage/develop/edit modes I can do the rest of what I want to do.
Niels

I shoot at four frames/second. I use windows photo and explorer, with the Microsoft raw image viewing extension, to preview all my images from the shoot. I select the images I want to save and process, then I use the free GIMP program to process and export them.

GIMP does all I need with my images, given that I loaded the darktable raw image processing program to my computer also, which works with GIMP as an extension.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back