• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Quick Trip to Utah and Idaho, USA - August 2021 (1 Viewer)

I just posted a trip report for a short trip I just completed to Utah and Idaho on Cloudbirders. It was supposed to also include Nevada, but the road to the Himalayan Snowcock site was washed out so we skipped that.

I saw 142 species, and got one lifer - Cassia Crossbill.

Enjoy!

JH
Thanks for posting this Jeff. I have been looking at taking nearly this exact tour in the near future, as beyond Cassia Crossbill I also still need Flammulated Owl, Chukar, and Gray Partridge (and better looks at Lewis' Woodpecker and Black Swift)

Wow, what a great write up! I grew up in SLC (but left before I became a birder) and still have family there so I've birded this area a fair amount. Great habitat and species variety. Also easy to find lekking Greater Sage Grouse in the spring not far from SLC.

Thanks for posting this Jeff. I have been looking at taking nearly this exact tour in the near future, as beyond Cassia Crossbill I also still need Flammulated Owl, Chukar, and Gray Partridge (and better looks at Lewis' Woodpecker and Black Swift)
I can definitely recommend Tim and Pitta Tours. He does the "Most Wanted" tour twice a year, and parts of it several other times per year. So he knows where to find the targets.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back