• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Raptor ID, Ukraine (1 Viewer)

No, but in the replies above were a version (not mine) about Bonelli and a statement that it's not present in Ukraine. I've informed this fact.
Bonelli's Eagle is still not "present" in Ukraine and should not be considered as possibility on a couple of 3 pixels photos. We should always start with regular species. Well, an escape or wild African Hawk-Eagle is not impossible neither, just unlikely...

Hello,

my usual wish as always: it's one more helpful, educational thread for me with
  • correction of my gut feeling/opinion= yes, nearly an ID (although I haven't experience with all raptors from that region)
  • Expert comments
  • One more example for what can be squeezed out from such pictures (low resolution, artefacts, single picture effects)
  • A reminder not to be biased by frequency of central Europe, when the pictures are from other regions
  • A reminder that quite a few tracked rare raptors have passed over Germany (including GSE Tönn just north or within the boundaries of my local patch) in the last years
  • A reminder that nearly everything is possible, one reason why I never get tired of birdwatching
Thanks to all and I hope this thread doesnt take a wrong turn. You know my abilities as a magician are much worse than Merlin, but I give it a try

Sternenstaub und Feenglanz
Alles werde wieder ganz​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back