• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Raptor variety's in staffs what n where? (1 Viewer)

wingedwarrior

Hi all..

I wonder if you could all post details of any raptors you have seen and where in staffs as I think it would be interestesting to see the diversity available to us.

Buzzard, kestrel, sparrowhawk all routinely seen.

Peregrine and kestrel can be seen year round using tall buildings. Goshawk Forest of Dean from New Fancy especially Feb-April.

Hobby are summer visitors near reservoirs especially and Merlin may be seen with luck up on Staffs Moors. Occasional wintering Hen Harrier at Swallow Moss.

Anything else can be seen on passage with luck such as Osprey, Marsh Harrier.

Hope that helps

Reminder: Please be careful about any postings giving specific details of the whereabouts of raptors, particularly during the breeding season...Nothing on here of concern yet...

The Forest of Dean being in Staffs was quite concerning! ;)

Absolutely Phil, not sure quite what I was thinking there. Think I was getting confused with Wyre Forest, though I know that is Worcestershire mainly if not all as well.:smoke:

Still, within the midlands, though not what OP was asking exactly.

Maybe see Gos over Cannock Chase (Beaudesert) though I have never seen a Gos there.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back