• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ravens in Florida ? (1 Viewer)

Welcome to Birdforum! I am sure that you will find lots to interest you here and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Hi Pmanett and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I agree with Bob that it's a crow. When you see a Raven I think you'll be in no doubt! LOL They are very big and have a huuuge bill. I always say to myself... if I'm not sure if it's a crow or a raven, then it's a crow.;)

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Others already gave you the distinction, but as a rule, you won't find Common Ravens anywhere in Florida, the closest population is in the northernmost tip of Georgia in Brasstown Bald.

As for what crow species, we have 2 in Florida, with Fish Crow being found in most coast and cities that hug the shore while American Crow is limited to the Everglades and other habitats in the center region of the state.

In your case, it seems that your crow friend is a Fish Crow.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back