• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

restaurants where you can bird and eat at the same time (3 Viewers)

While not actually a restaurant the Refugio de Paz Aves, near Mindo (Angel Paz's place) where he feeds Antpittas, Hummers and Toucan Barbets at the dinning area where guests are served breakfast / brunch after the various trails.

Attachments

• 1714037371966.png
    1714037371966.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • Toucan barbet2.jpg
    Toucan barbet2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 3
  • yellow bellied antpitta.jpg
    yellow bellied antpitta.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 1
  • flying inca.JPG
    flying inca.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 3
When I was in Evia in Greece recently, on the first evening I was there I was eating outside at a taverna at dusk. As I was about to order food, an Eagle Owl flew right overhead! The next evening, I had good views of a pair on a nearby cliff.

When I was in Evia in Greece recently, on the first evening I was there I was eating outside at a taverna at dusk. As I was about to order food, an Eagle Owl flew right overhead! The next evening, I had good views of a pair on a nearby cliff.
We had a similar experience at the taverna on Antikythera last October. After a day birding we were waiting for the 10 PM ferry, when a migratory Long-eared Owl flew by.

Actually this is something I love, ever since enjoying fruity drinks in an outdoor cafe overlooking the Pacific in Costa Rica, while seeing colorful birds in shrubbery just off the terrace in 1990. I have thought I should keep a "beverage at hand" list, for birds seen in such curcumstances.
El Descanso, known as Doña Dora's, is one of the best, on the old road to Buenaventura from Cali, Colombia. The eBird Hotspot (Alto Anchicayá - El Descanso (Doña Dora), Valle del Cauca, Colombia - eBird Hotspot) lists 493 species. My own 43 species from 5 visits makes me eBirder number 719 for the hotspot.

Attachments

• DSCN2221.JPG
    DSCN2221.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back