• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Rook or Raven (1 Viewer)

Scozmos

United Kingdom
I took a wander up by Backwater reservoir yesterday and saw very little, blooming freezing though so I don't blame them. I did see this, a pair of them I think and I don't know if it is a Raven or Rook? By the beak I think Raven?

Thanks in advance. There are a LOT of Rooks, Crows, Jackdaws around here, they fly over almost every morning, heading up the glens somewhere? :unsure:
Raven at Backwater.jpgRaven at Backwater - crop.jpg

Here is a great comparison shot in flight of both birds. Note how absolutely MASSIVE the Raven is - and how heavy the head / beak are. Your bird is a Carrion Crow.

Attachments

• Ravenversus carrioncrown.JPG
    Ravenversus carrioncrown.JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 53
Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back