• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Rspb Conwy (1 Viewer)

Parabuteos lad

went to Conway site at the weekend, never seen much on the site itself, only a reed bunting. in the estuary there was curlew and dunlin. managed to take some excellent pictures of a peregrine (tiercel) over the hills at the end of the two lakes on site, as well as a buzzard being mobbed by a gull. unfortunately my USB deleted my pics as well as all my A-Level coursework. :(

Went to RSPB Conwy on Friday. Nice day, not masses showing but some nice views of mute swans, egrets, heron, teal, gadwall, oystercatcher, lesser BB gull, BH gull and snipe on the reserve. Shelducks, dunlin, heron, curlew on the estuary.

Attachments

• snipe2.jpg
    snipe2.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 117
  • BH_gull.jpg
    BH_gull.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 119
thursday

Went to RSPB Conwy on Friday. Nice day, not masses showing but some nice views of mute swans, egrets, heron, teal, gadwall, oystercatcher, lesser BB gull, BH gull and snipe on the reserve. Shelducks, dunlin, heron, curlew on the estuary.

was there on thursday i also had red breasted merganser

I was there on Saturday and a chap told me he had seen two Red Kites on the hills opposite the Benarth Hide. Despite scanning regularly I failed to spot one, but I'd be interested to hear of any other sightings.

Quite a lot going on at RSPB Conwy in recent weeks: you can't avoid Grey Herons, Cormorants, Curlews, Oystercatchers, Mallards, Snipes, Mute Swans, Canada Geese and Tufted Ducks, amongst others.

Regular sightings too of Liitle Egret, white Wagtail, Dunlin, Black Tailed Godwit.

Amongst less numerous types in recent weeks I've seen a Pintail, Great Crested Grebe and a Whimbrel.

There doesn't appear to be a map available online. However they will give you one in the entrance shop. From there it's just a circular route.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back