• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sandpipers - Bowmanville, Ontario (1 Viewer)

Potatoheaded Bobby

Canada
I would need some identification help please.
#1 I believe - Least Sandpiper
#2 in foreground I believe - Dunlin
#3 and 4 I believe the same but not sure of what.
Thanks in advance for your I.D. help

DGS00720.jpg DGS00732.jpg DGS00714.jpg DGS00694.jpg

#1. Least
#2. Pectoral on left. The one on the right has got me a little bit. To me, plumage looks better for White-rumped than Semipalmated/Western, it's just that I'd expect longer primary projection past the tail. Maybe the angle accounts for this?
#3-#4. Pectoral Sandpiper

#1. Least
#2. Pectoral on left. The one on the right has got me a little bit. To me, plumage looks better for White-rumped than Semipalmated/Western, it's just that I'd expect longer primary projection past the tail. Maybe the angle accounts for this?
#3-#4. Pectoral Sandpiper
Agreed

The one on the right has got me a little bit. To me, plumage looks better for White-rumped than Semipalmated/Western, it's just that I'd expect longer primary projection past the tail. Maybe the angle accounts for this?
The picture is good quality, so shouldn't we see orange on the mandible? Also I'm not seeing any wing projection, unless I don't know what I'm looking at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back