• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Slender-billed Gull in Southern France ( Narbonnaise), kindly requesting confirmation (1 Viewer)

Hello all and especially the gull experts,

I have seen this beautiful bird some weeks ago in France, more exactly close to Gruissan, Département Aude. It was flying over my head and this image is the best shot I got on it. Based on the wing pattern, the completely white head and the bill I came to the conclusion that it must be Slender-billed Gull (Croicocephalus genei). But as I never had this species before and my gull ID skills are still in development, I wanted to ask for some expert opinion on this issue.
Thanks in advance and best regards
Paul

Attachments

• _MG_0231.jpg
    _MG_0231.jpg
    413.6 KB · Views: 67
I love it - it used to be my holiday destination of choice and saw some great birds there - including one of the last remaining breeding Lesser Grey Shrikes. It has all the birds of the Camargue, in fewer numbers, apart from the Sand Grouse!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back