• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Small, brown and mothy (1 Viewer)

InternetMan

This wee tortrix is doing my head in. I swear he even looks blurry in a 10x hand lens.

He's about half a centimetre long, obscurely marked in grey-brown on brown-grey, and came to actinic light in Sussex last night.

I can't even get to genus. Anyone? Please?

IMG_1723.JPGIMG_5814.jpegIMG_1722.JPGIMG_1724.JPGIMG_1726.JPGIMG_1725.JPG

Thanks Rosaria. Not the first time I've been caught out by this one. But Googling around, that terminal fold and 'flat winged' appearance seem omnipresent, so hopefully I've got this species down now.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back