• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

some bird ID in Bardiya, Nepal - Dec 2022 (1 Viewer)

mitra.daneshvar

Hello,

I took these photos in Bardiya, both around my hotel and inside the national park in Dec, 2022. Appreciate your help for ID.

Thanks in advance

1. Olive-backed Pipit? Or is there any chance for Rosy pipit? because it seems more common in the area.
2. Besra?
3 & 4. The same bird. Which warbler?
5 & 6. Another pipit.
7. Long-tailed or Grey-backed Shrike?
8. Stint?

Attachments

• IMG_9250.jpg
    IMG_9250.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_9307.jpg
    IMG_9307.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_9407.jpg
    IMG_9407.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_9414.jpg
    IMG_9414.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_9440.jpg
    IMG_9440.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_9442.jpg
    IMG_9442.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_9451.jpg
    IMG_9451.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_9494.jpg
    IMG_9494.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 28
The warbler in nos. 3-4 looks like Large-billed Leaf Warbler - long heavy bill with dark mark on lower mandible and pale, slightly hooked tip.

Nos. 5-6 could be Richard's Pipit - lores look clean, lacking a warm brown cheek patch, tail looks long, bill looks quite heavy in one image, lacks gingery tones on flight feathers. I'm not completely sure though. Paddyfield is much more common in Nepal.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back