• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Spain: vulture or not? (1 Viewer)

Mooz

Spain
I moved to Rossell (Province of Castellon in Spain), living in the nature next to the mountains of the Natural Parc "Tinenca de Benifassa", and close to the sea.
There are a lot of birds of prey living in these mountains, but as a beginner in bird spotting I don't know much about them.

Yesterday I spotted a group of 23 birds of prey, flying over my terrain. This morning I could take a picture of one of them, flying rather low. (Nikon D3000, 300 mm-lens)
Which kind of bird is this? I did a Google search and came upon a picture of a griffon vulture. It looks the same, but is it?

Thanks for any help!
Mooz

Attachments

• DSC_0904.JPG
    DSC_0904.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 64
  • DSC_1041*.png
    DSC_1041*.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 65

Users who are viewing this thread

Back