• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swansea Bay (1 Viewer)

WelshFalcon

Swansea Bay

Good spots are at the following locations.

Blackpill. - The local West Glam RSPB group have a hut which is open at weekends for people who are interested in chatting, joining or finding out what’s about.
Gulls are the main attraction – particularly ring-billed gulls, Mediterranean gulls, as well as rarities like this winter’s ivory gull, glaucous and Iceland gulls have been seen.
Good for tern passage in sping and autumn.
Wintering eider and common scoter, joined this winter by velvet and surf scoter. Little Auk was seen for a few weeks in Nov.2002.

Mumbles Pier. - Good for eider and the scoter mentioned above. Also, red throated diver, and wintering grebes. Good views of waders at low tide, and a good mix of gulls as for Blackpill.
The lighthouse and pier area can have wintering black redstart.

Bracelet Bay. - Continue past Mumbles, and at the next bay, good parking for views of gulls (many people stop to feed them in the car park). Also good viewpoint for sea ducks, grebes and divers offshore.

hi there welsh falcon this the cyprus twitcher here BLACKPILL used to be my local patch a few years ago until i moved to cyprus nice hear good birds are still being found the gulls over here are lot different her today at my local patch 3 AD GREAT BLACK-HEADED GULLS+ARMENIAN GULLS8 FUSCUS,FUSCUS LESSER BLACK BACK also sring migration started 3 weeks ago cheers CYPRUS TWITCHER

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back