• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski Habicht 7x42 dissection (4 Viewers)

View attachment 1517016
This Habicht is my favorite 7x magnification binoculars. It gives a captivating image and has a very stylish appearance!
It is such a beautiful binocular and you capture it so well in this lovely photo. I love mine, I had to really convince myself that I needed one and it was impossible to try one here in the UK.

But I read all the reviews, saw your previous photo's and went ahead and ordered one unseen. Love at first sight!

It is so far removed from the clinical binoculars that pander to modern tastes and its elegance and purity of design is a thing of true beauty.

I received a pair of Curio's yesterday, bought for their compactness, and it is quite astounding how they mirror the optical clarity and transparency of the Habicht's for something so small.

The Habicht's still rule though!

As others have said about new Habicht series, I also experienced an focuser smoothens with my Habicht 7x42. Now, after a while, it moves better but not perfectly. If I had to estimate, my Habicht focuser has become from "Very Stiff" somewhere between
"Stiff" and "Normal" (Very Stiff-- Stiff-- Normal- -Smooth)
Habicht focuser.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back