• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Taiwan, Hawk Eagle? (1 Viewer)

wuwu1277

Hi, these two photos were taken at Daxue Mountain in Taiwan this morning, very far away, I am sorry for the pool quality but can you pls advise if this is a Mountain Hawk Eagle? I thank you very much in advance.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 56
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 53
Looking good, it might be this bird in same state of moult

ML617964867 - Mountain Hawk-Eagle - Macaulay Library

I don't know about the size of this mountain(range) and the number of territories but other than that...

cheers,

Gerben

(hoping to be able to see one next spring....)
Dear Gerben: Thank you so much for the advice. Sorry for the delayed replay as I stayed in the mountains at Central Taiwan for the past few days. And the good news is that I shot some much better photos of a Mountain Hawk Eagle!!! Very Happy. Again thank you very much.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 27
Good to hear! It is always rewarding to refind a species and then take satisfying shots.

thanks for increasing my eagerness to get to see them : )

cheers,
Gerben

Good to hear! It is always rewarding to refind a species and then take satisfying shots.

cheers,
Gerben
Best Luck! Now have more reasons to see raptors at Taiwan as I sighted Indian Black Eagle, Besra, Black Ear Kite, and Crested Goshawk

cheers,
Gerben
Best Luck!. And there are more reasons to visit Taiwan now as I also sighted Indian Black Eagle, Besra, Black Eared Kite and Crested Goshawk today!!!. Pls find the photos attached. Hope I properly IDed them all...Again, thanks much!

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 8
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 9
Whoa, nice shots indeed! I am afraid i will visit japan only next year. ishigaki is as close as i will get... Buzzardlike crested snake eagle was easy there.

Maybe some day Taiwan is also an option...

Cheers
g

Users who are viewing this thread

Back