• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Teleguard (2 Viewers)

lisamerlot

United Kingdom
Hello forum friends,

How many of you use Teleguard? It is quite new but very user friendly and safe. I rarely come across many people that use it although I've been using it myself for months now. Would be interesting to hear who else uses it.

Lisa

Isn't it just another messaging app. It is closed source and has a tiny user base. The point of such apps to the communicate with people, if the people you want to communicate with aren't using it then what's the point of using it? I use [messaging app] because my friends use [messaging app]. No one I known uses Teleguard so there is no point in me using it.

It is like all the "better" Twitter wannabes, they might be "better" but most people are still using Twitter.

Pro:
No registration
No phone number or email addy
Pretty good encryption
Swiss based, so no obligation to share user data with especially the US

Con:
Closed source!
Interestingly the company reserves the right to delete 'offensive' content - one wonders how they can see that in such a 'secure' system.
Qui bono - as long as the business model is not laid open, even a Swiss hyper secure social medium remains suspect IMVHO.

I personally do not use this because I generally do not use so-called social media. More or less anonymously posting here is as far as my online social interaction goes. I am a bit of a neo-luddite and do not even have/use mobile phones as I refuse to carry a tracker around 24/7. I communicate via snail mail or preferably email. The latter is encryptable, can use digital signatures, and spam etc. is very controllable. Combined with unix-based computers, safe browsers and so on it makes the internet not exactly my friend, but a lot less of a pita.
Also I have never been an early adopter. Of anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back