• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Thought this a little bizarre...... (2 Viewers)

KenM

A late morning trip to the ''chalk''(Saffron Walden) found me walking along a public footpath with undulating crop field to my left, and a tall hedged private garden to my right, from which I could hear chickens and cockrel crowing. A further ten metres along the path I espied a hole in the hedge, where a quick scan with the bins revealed a male Golden Pheasant (lifer) in a cage, being exposed to a very amusing Leghorn Cockerel, anyway it gave me a chuckle......;)

Attachments

• P1930256.jpeg   Golden Pheasant 1..jpeg
    P1930256.jpeg Golden Pheasant 1..jpeg
    213.3 KB · Views: 143
Another plastic tick for you Ken (well, the bird in the foreground certainly is!)?

Indeed Richard! The “plastic” rooster must have had some purpose, as to what...I know not. Perhaps to keep the Leghorn on his toes. :-O

Tsk, tsk . . . not permitted :king:

At least I can say I’ve seen a “resplendent male” Nutty ;), irrespective of it’s caged status, which imo is only “one stop” removed from a so called “wild one”. :t:

My only quail seen where at the aviary in Abbey Park in Leicester city centre. do they count?

On that reckoning, I could double my life list with a quick trip to a couple of zoos8-P

Mhm...

A T. rex technically counts as a bird, right?

Forced to watch Jurassic Park on Netflix earlier this evening. Presume I can thus count it on my lifelist despite a) it being a dinosaur b) being extinct c) being cgi / animatronic model d) it being on tv ... ?

Thanks Ken ;)

Forced to watch Jurassic Park on Netflix earlier this evening. Presume I can thus count it on my lifelist despite a) it being a dinosaur b) being extinct c) being cgi / animatronic model d) it being on tv ... ?

Thanks Ken ;)

Forced!....I took “no prisoners” getting into the stalls for that one. One of my favourite bits was when T.rex loomed over the unfortunate individual “astride the pan” baring all and sunder with that look on his face...not unlike when a “boo-boo has been dropped on a Q&A thread. :-O

Museum visits can also be rewarding for adding good ticks :king:

Wow. That means I can tick Ivory-billed Woodpecker, Carolina Parakeet, Passenger Pigeon, and more.

Our local college has a massive collection of skins, and it includes a Hall of Shame which is a full cabinet of extinct species.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back